Built-in Wardrobes Tips
- Make the opening as tall as possible, check that the type of door you choose will expand to that height.
- Keep the floor track clean at all times, this will prevent dirt from seizing the rollers and will keep your doors sliding smoothly.
- Overhead doors are a good way to keep those messy items out of sight when accessing your clothes.
- Tinted mirrors and timber doors are more suited to built-in wardrobes in very bright rooms.
- All sliding doors glide on an aluminium track system, colour co-ordinated to match the door of your choice.
- Sliding timber doors use flush pull handles to open and shut the doors. They are available in a range of finishes to match your decor.
- Hinged doors should be approximately 600mm wide to avoid movement in the timber and prevent scraping.
- Allow a 10mm clearance under the door so that when it swings open it clears the floor.
- If your walls are not level the use of infills will be required to plumb the wall.
- Careful consideration should be given to the internal design of the wardrobe so that the draws open past the mullions that they are hinged from.
- Allow approximately 4 hrs for the installation of a standard sliding door wardrobe, and 5 to 6 hrs for a hinged door wardrobe.
- If Saturday installation is required, we advise you to book well in advance as only a limited number of installations can be performed on a Saturday.